The Capilano Review publishes venturesome experimental writing and art. Please get to know our magazine before submitting.
Do note the following essential details before you submit your work:
• If you would like your manuscript returned to you, please enclose a self-addressed envelope with sufficient Canadian postage. If you are submitting work from outside Canada, please ensure you include Canadian stamps or cash to cover return postage.
• We do not accept email submissions.
• Print your name, address, and email on the cover letter and on each page of the manuscript.
• For poetry submissions, send up to 8 pages; for fiction, a maximum of 5,000 words.
• We prefer not to accept simultaneous submissions.
• It may take 4-6 months for us to respond to your submission.
• We do not accept responsibility for unsolicited manuscripts and visual art.
• We buy First North American Serial Rights and limited, non-exclusive digital rights. Copyright reverts to the author upon publication.
• Contributors are paid $50 per published page to a maximum of $200.