The Capilano Review publishes venturesome experimental writing and art. Please be sure to get to know our magazine before submitting. Visit our upcoming issues page for information about our reading periods.
TCR no longer accepts submissions by regular mail.
As of August 15th, hard-copy submissions will be returned unopened. Please submit your work online at Submittable.
Do note the following essential details before you submit your work:
• We do not accept email submissions.
• Please limit yourself to one submission per reading period.
• For poetry submissions, send up to 8 pages; for reviews, a maximum of 600 words; for fiction, a maximum of 5,000 words; for interviews, a maximum of 4,000 words.
• It may take up to four months for us to respond to your submission.
• We buy First North American Serial Rights and limited, non-exclusive digital rights. Copyright reverts to the author upon publication.
• We accept simultaneous submissions but ask that you inform us if your work is placed elsewhere. • Contributors are paid $50 per published page to a maximum of $150.