The Capilano Review publishes venturesome experimental writing and art. Please get to know our magazine before submitting.
Do note the following essential details before you submit your work:
• You’ll need to enclose a self-addressed envelope. If you are submitting work from outside Canada, please include an international reply coupon or Canadian stamps.
• We do not accept email submissions.
• Print your name, address, and email on the cover letter and on each page of the manuscript.
• For poetry submissions, send up to 8 pages; for fiction, a maximum of 6,000 words.
• We prefer not to accept simultaneous submissions.
• It may take 4-6 months for us to respond to your submission.
• We do not accept responsibility for unsolicited manuscripts and visual art.
• We buy First North American Serial Rights and limited, non-exclusive digital rights. Copyright reverts to the author upon publication.
• Contributors are paid $50 per published page to a maximum of $300.
Fall 2013 and Winter 2013 are open issues.
Fall 2013 submission deadline: 30 June 2013.
Winter 2013 submission deadline: 30 November 2013.